Tynia Gaither is a sprinter from the Bahamas who specializes in the 100-meter and 200-meter races. Born in the Bahamas, Tynia grew up in Florida and enrolled at the University of Georgia, where she spent two years before transferring to the University of Southern California. As a Trojan, she qualified for the finals in three events at the NCAA Championships in 2014 and 2016, and she anchored the USC 4X100-meter relay team to second place finishes nationally in both seasons. Tynia went on to represent the Bahamas in the 2016 Rio Olympics, in both the 100 meters and 200 meters.
Her personal best in the 100m is 11.08 seconds and her PR in the 200m is 22.54 seconds. Both marks were set at the 2016 NCAA Championships at Hayward Field.
• 2016 OLYMPIC QUALIFIER, 100M
• 2016 OLYMPIC QUALIFIER, 200M
• 2016 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNER-UP, 4X100M
• 2016 WORLD INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER, 60M
• 2015 PAC-12 CHAMPION, 200M
• 2015 PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNER-UP, 100M
• 2014 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNER-UP, 4X100M
• 2010 YOUTH OLYMPIC GAMES SILVER MEDALIST, 200M
• 2010 CARIFTA GAMES RUNNER-UP, 200M
• 2010 CARIFTA GAMES RUNNER-UP, 4X100M
THE ICON DIFFERENCE
Choosing an agency was something that I prayed about for days. God put it on my heart that Kim and Icon Management are completely dedicated to putting the athlete first. Since being a member of this team, I’ve experienced nothing but transparency, hard work, and genuine attentiveness in regards to my overall well-being and success within my sport.